Alexander C. Vit
Senior Board Advisor Strategy and Development and Member of the Advisory Board
Treasure Earth is pleased to announce the appointment of Alexander C. Vit as Senior Board Advisor Strategy and Development and member of the Advisory Board effective 12 November 2019. As a talented strategy and development professional who thrives on accelerating growth Alexander brings an impressive range of skills to Treasure Earth including leadership, corporate development, strategic planning, value creation, financial modelling and analysis, business development, sales and marketing, project management and negotiation.
Alexander worked most recently as part of the senior management team of UK Power Reserve (UKPR). UKPR is the leading provider of flexible power generation to the UK electricity market boasting a portfolio of over 1GW of small scale thermal and battery storage assets. The fleet is a backup solution to the UK grid to complement a clean/green renewable power supply. They are switched on when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing.
Alex rose swiftly through the ranks at UKPR from Commercial Analyst to Business Development Manager to Senior Manager, Growth and Development. He was responsible for the strategic planning and execution where he led the value creation plan for growth initiatives instrumental in catapulting the company revenue from £18m to £80m in just 3 years. Now part of Sembcorp, a multi-billion s$ global company specialising in innovative and sustainable energy, marine and urban power solutions and notable for their constituent listing on the FTSE4Good Index series 2019 and their DJSI Index Component listing on the Dow Jones Sustainability Asia/Pacific Index, 2019, Alexander continues to lead their domestic growth initiatives in the UK. This has included developing the business case for one of the largest battery storage portfolios in Europe and growing the business to support renewables.
· Climate Change – To have a business portfolio that balances the economic expectations of their stakeholders and their businesses’ impact on the climate
· Local Environmental Protection – To fulfil their duty to protect the environment and conserve resources, while providing competitive and reliable solutions for their stakeholders
· Energy and Water Efficiency – To improve energy and water efficiency through good and economically viable environmental practices
Previously Alexander held various financial roles at investment firms such as Senior Associate at MTL Capital, Investment Analyst at Pandion Investments and Portfolio Accountant, Analyst at Montrusco Bolton Investments.
Alexander holds the following qualifications:
· Master of Business Administration, Strategy and Finance, Hult International Business School, UK
· Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Queen’s University – Ontario, Canada
· PRINCE2, Practitioner certificate in Project Management, London, UK
Alex has been both awarded and nominated for a series of impressive awards as follows:
· Mid-Market Team of the Year in the Midlands, 2017 BVCA Management Team Awards – Team Won
· Midlands Businessperson of the Year, 2018 Midlands Business Awards – Finalist
· The Future Face of Industry, 2018 Future Faces Awards – Finalist
· Rising Star, 2018 Energy Live Personality Awards – Finalist
· Senior Leaders Scholarship, Hult International Business School
The valued skills set that Alexander brings to Treasure Earth complements the existing team perfectly and will contribute significantly to the strategic growth and development of Treasure Earth C.I.C. and to distinguishing Treasure Earth Prize as a globally recognised trademark name and to the success of our Prizes and Awards and the Treasure Earth challenge addressing major global challenges of the 21st century in areas of peace, climate, CSR and humanitarian care and with a special focus on youth.